Bright Red kaki (kg)
The fruit is bright red when ripe and orange at harvest. It is very sweet picked at their optimum ripeness. The Persimmon kaki is the ones which have the hard flesh removed causing astringency so they can be eaten with knife and fork. Persimmon is not a variety but a brand that sells the "Bright Red" kaki among others. They are characterized by being more orange and have the skin firmer.
History and origin of Bright Red kaki
Kaki originated in China, Japan, Burma and the Himalayan Mountains in northern India. Its cultivation began in China and Japan in the seventh century and was introduced in the United States in the early nineteenth century. It spread to France, Italy and Spain around 1870.
In comenaranjas we offer the authentic "Bright Red" kaki with the designation of origin "Kaki Ribera del Xúquer" from our city Valencia in Spain. It is a variety that emerged spontaneously after sowing seeds on a plot of the town in Valencia named Carlet.
Around 1960 the first plantation in the municipality of La Alcudia was grafted and from this moment Bright Red persimmon had a significant growth. Today this variety represents more than 95% of the total kakis grown in Valencia.
Properties and benefits of kaki
- They are rich in potassium, glucose and sugar.
- It is a fruit rich in vitamin A containing carotene.
- Contains high levels of vitamin C as well.
- Powerful antioxidant that prevents degenerative diseases.
- As a fruit its consumption is excellent but can be used for jams, sorbets, cakes or drinks.
- It is good for growth and bone development.
- Promotes intestinal transit.
es muy bueno, esta ricojavier romero
es una fruta que me gusta mucho, y son grandotes y con buen sabor
Están duros pero dulces, no como en el super que pagas mas y no saben a nada. RepetiréCristina
David Alonso Gonzalez