Saturn peaches (500 g)
Saturn peach is known also as flat peach in many countries and it really is a variety or mixture of common peaches sharing many of the characteristics and properties.
Saturn peaches is a fruit with crushed velvet skin and noted for its exquisite sweet flavour.
They are low in acidity, rich in sweetness and simply have a much better flavour than any variety of yellow peach. They are also easier to eat directly by hand.
History and origin of Paraguayans
Chinese horticulturists treated peaches with such reverence that could only be planted in the royal precincts of the emperor. They ranked peaches between gold (the yellow-fleshed) and silver (white flesh). Silver belongs to the group originally known as "Pan Tao" we now call Saturn peach.
This fruit originated in China at least 200 years ago as a natural mutation of the common peach, as happened with the nectarine. What it should have been a peach grew from a spontaneous mutation to become this delicious fruit know as flat or Saturn peach.
The tree was so delicate that it could not be planted outside their habitat but after several investigations failures and successes they managed to extract a strain resistant to frost in New Jersey (U.S.A.) to be developed in improving tree and fruit buds.
Saturn peaches have some requirements similar to the regular peaches and nectarines growing and so is grown in temperate climates. It's no wonder that with these requirements for cultivation Spain is one of the largest producers of Saturn peaches highlighting Murcia as the region that produces more fruits of this variety in Spain.
It was introduced in the United States in 1869 from China.
In the 1990s this fruit grew in importance and popularity and began to be cultivated in many countries.
Properties and benefits of Paraguayans
- High concentration of nutrients that helps maintain a healthy diet despite its sweetness has few calories.
- It is rich in carotenes and therefore has antioxidant and anticancer properties. This content also helps prevent stomach problems.
- Is an excellent source of energy thanks to its content in carbohydrates.
- Consuming this fruit will help us combat situations of nervousness, improve the health of skin, teeth and vision.
- It has a high water content so it is moisturizing and refreshing.
- Notable for its content in potassium, phosphorus and iodine.
son más buenos que cualquiera de los que encuentras en el mercado, os quito un punto solo porque la ultima vez me llegaron machacados pero me reenviasteis sin problema. Una pena que pagueis el pato del transporte pero rapida solución.Juan Antonio Fuancillas