Green Zespri kiwi (kg)
The kiwifruit is the edible berry of a woody vine in the genus Actinidia. Green Zespri kiwi eat today is heir to the Hayward variety, the most common of the kiwis. Its shape is oval similar to the size of a large chicken egg (5-8 cm (2.0-3.1 inches) long and 4.5-5.5 cm (1.8-2.2 inches) in diameter). The skin is fibrous, dull and with a greenish-brown colour and an intense green flesh also contains small edible black seeds. It is a fruit of a unique soft texture and sweet taste.
Zespri kiwis are available throughout the year. You can take them as a refreshing dessert or breakfast in the warm months or as a source of vitality in the harsh winter months. In addition to being very rich they are very healthy because they contain only 57 kcal per 100 grams. They are high in vitamin C content with antioxidant properties and fibre to promote intestinal transit. They contain also a natural enzyme to promote digestion.
You can keep the green kiwi up to 2 weeks after your purchase. It is highly recommended to separate it from other fruits so they do not ripen so fast.
Zespri is quality and commitment to the environment
Green Zespri kiwis come from other parts of New Zealand, a country with demanding environmental legislation. The brand Zespri easily meets the law approved in 1991 in that country for resource management. The Zespri quality system created in 1997 aims to reduce the environmental impact:
- Water is applied directly to the roots in order to save.
- Meticulous selection of orchards to grow kiwi naturally.
- Orchard management techniques that avoid the use of chemical pesticides.
- During harvesting biomass is composted, the remaining waste is processed organically.
- 100% recyclable containers that are printed with water-based inks.
- It is stored in cold storage with high energy efficiency.
- The transport is performed in refrigerated cargo ships which significantly reduces emissions compared to air transport and rail and also sail at lower speeds to reduce CO2 emissions.
Every year Zespri invests 6 million euros in R & D to reduce the environmental impact throughout the production process, storage, and shipment of the product.
la marca que solía comprar en el super, aquí me sabe incluso mejor. A mi marido le gustan los italianos así que compramos los 2.Cristina Martinez Montoso